- The Green Burial Central Register is set up to enable people of all ages to register their wish for Green Burial. Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) will follow up with the family members if the deceased has been identified on the register upon cremation booking. No fee is charged for this registration.
- Upon receiving your registration, FEHD will record your wish for green burial in the Green Burial Central Register (GBCR), and an acknowledgement to this effect will be sent to your email address or correspondence address provided in the registration form. For giving yourself peace of mind and make life easier for your loved ones, please let them know ahead your own wish for Green Burial.
- FEHD may contact you by telephone or via instant messaging applications, such as WhatsApp, or issue a notification letter to you by the email address or contact address you provided to follow up the registration.
- This registration form, duly completed and signed, may be returned to the GBCR Administrator online or by post, fax or email as specified below. To facilitate FEHD staff to follow up your registration in the future, please provide the information of the Contact Person at the earliest if the information is not filled on the application form when submission. If you have enquiry, please contact the GBCR Administrator at 2562 7130 or by post / email / fax as specified below:
Address : Units 3501-3511 & 3520-3525, 35/F, Tower 1, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, N.T.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No.: 2890 5110
- Personal Information Collection Statement
- Your registration with the GBCR is a voluntary act and the provision of personal data is on a voluntary basis. If you do not provide the requested data, FEHD may not be able to complete the registration for you. All collected data in the GBCR will be classified as “personal” and treated with strict confidentiality. They may be accessed by/transferred to the parties as stated in (b) below for the following purposes:
- providing assistance in arranging the relevant green burial service; and
- performing relevant data management.
- Collected data in the GBCR are mainly for use within FEHD but such data may also be disclosed to the relevant government bureaux/departments or parties for the purposes stated in (a) above.
- Under normal circumstances, collected information in the GBCR will be retained until FEHD has been informed of the death of the person to whom the data refers or when the registration is withdrawn.
- The registration form submitted will be destroyed if FEHD fails to establish contact with you for verification of information, or after your personal data have been inputted into the GBCR.
- You have the right of access and correction with respect to your personal data as provided in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by you in this registration form. A fee may be charged by FEHD for complying with a data access request.
- Enquiries concerning the personal data provided, including requests for access and correction, should be addressed to the GBCR Administrator at Note 3 above.